Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Meatball Mini Sandwiches
Mouthwatering buffalo chicken meatballs are lean and packed with flavor. Added to dinner rolls they make a perfect mini sandwich for any occasion.
Servings 16 makes 32 1-inch meatballs (10 3-meatball or 16 2-meatball sandwiches)
- 1 stalk Celery , cleaned and broken into 4 pieces (reserve any leaves to dice for garnish)
- 1 medium Shallot , peeled and cut in half
- 1 Egg , lightly beaten
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ teaspoon White Pepper
- ½ cup fine Bread Crumbs* (gluten-free or with gluten)
- 1 pound Ground Chicken
- 1 12-13 ounce bottle Hot Wing Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Butter or favorite butter replacement
- 1 4-ounce container Blue Cheese Crumbles
- 10-16 Dinner rolls (I used Udi’s Gluten-Free French Rolls)
- Butter lettuce leaves
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Turn slow cooker on low and add the butter to melt. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly spray with cooking spray.
Combine the celery and shallot in a food processor and process until finely diced. Add to a large mixing bowl.
To the mixing bowl add the egg, salt, pepper, bread crumbs, ground chicken and ¼ cup of the hot wing sauce. Mix together thoroughly.
Form 1-inch meatballs using a small cookie scoop (my method) or a tablespoon. Place the meatballs on the prepared baking sheet and bake until the outside of the meatballs begins to become firm (around 8 minutes).
Pour the remaining hot wing sauce into the slow cooker and stir to mix in the butter. Transfer the meatballs into the slow cooker and cook on low for 2 hours.
Calories: 124kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 43mg | Sodium: 398mg | Potassium: 248mg | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 220IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 0.4mg