Spicy Garlic Sriracha Shrimp and Broccoli Stir Fry
Garlicky and spicy firm shrimp and crunchy broccoli are ready in 20 minutes! This quick and flavorful meal is great for busy or lazy nights. Suggested pairing Coconut Jasmine Rice (link to recipe in ingredients). The original rice recipe calls for brown Jasmine rice however it can be made in half the time with white Jasmine rice (follow the cooking time on the rice package or cook for 20 minutes).
Servings 4 Serves 4
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper
- 1 pound deveined , shelled raw Shrimp (26-30 count)
- 2 tablespoons Sunflower Oil
- 5 medium Garlic Cloves , diced
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha Sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed Lime Juice
- 1 large Shallot , thinly sliced with sliced divided into ring
- 4 cups Broccoli Florets (_Note: if large in size either cut them in half or make an X with a knife in the stem to aid to hasten cooking time_)
- Suggested pairing: Coconut Jasmine Rice
Mix the salt and pepper together and sprinkle over the shrimp, tossing them to coat.
Over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a wok or large skillet. When the top of the oil ripples it is fully heated. Add the garlic and stir constantly for 1 minute.
Add the Sriracha sauce and stir together (1-2 seconds). Add the shrimp and lime juice. Stir constantly until the shrimp becomes opaque (no longer transparent) about 3-3 ½ minutes. Do not overcook. Remove from wok/skillet and set aside.
Heat the second tablespoon of oil. Add the shallot rings and broccoli. Stir for 3-5 minutes until the broccoli color has darkened and it is still crunchy though cooked.
Add the shrimp and any drippings back into the wok/skilled with the broccoli. Stir for 1 minute to combine and heat through. Serve immediately.
Calories: 218kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 285mg | Sodium: 1229mg | Potassium: 423mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 565IU | Vitamin C: 93.5mg | Calcium: 214mg | Iron: 3.2mg