Spiced Apple Vodka (infusion)
This robust vodka infusion brings forth bright apple flavors paired with warming spices for a flavorful end result. Great in the most simple of cocktails or in a toddy-style hot cocktail to take the edge off winter's bite! Infuses for 5 days and can be doubled keeping all the ingredient proportions the same.
Servings 15 3 3/4 cups
- 3 Apples (different varieties with one being Granny Smith); peeled, cored and chopped into large pieces
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks (3 ½ long)
- 5 Green Cardamom Pods
- ½ Vanilla Bean , slit vertically
- 10 Allspice Berries
- ¼ teaspoon Dried Orange Peel
- 1 Whole Nutmeg , shaved (grated on each side to expose the layer under the outer pod)
- 4 cups Vodka (unflavored)
- Printable Gift Tags
Add all ingredients to a large (6 cups or more) jar with lid. Seal and place in a dark, cool location for 5 days. Swirl the jar once daily to mix ingredients.
Strain the infused vodka through a sieve to remove the large ingredients. Strain a second time through cheesecloth or a clean coffee filter to remove any smaller spice particles.
Calories: 171kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 46mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 20IU | Vitamin C: 1.8mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 0.2mg