Roasted Pumpkin Soup with Cannellini Beans
This creamy filling soup could not be easier to make. Only 5 ingredients are required! It's pureed at the end making a thick consistency without the addition of any cream. Could be made vegan by using vegetable stock.
Servings 8 1-cup servings (about 9 cups total)
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1 medium Yellow Onion , peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh Sage , diced
- 2 ½ cups cooked (or canned) Cannellini Beans
- 2 cups roasted Pumpkin (click here for directions on roasting a pumpkin; stop after roasting to cut pumpkin into chunks and do not puree)
- 5 cups low sodium Chicken Broth
- Kosher Salt (gluten-free Tamari sauce or Soy Sauce, gluten, also may be used) and Black Pepper to taste
- Suggested garnish: Diced , sautéed pancetta and sage leaves , sautéed pancetta and sage leaves
Warm olive oil in a large pan or soup pot over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion and sage; sauté until onions are translucent and beginning to brown (about 4 minutes).
Add cannellini beans and pumpkin chunks and stir to combine. Continue to cook for 2 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
Let cool slightly and either pour into a blender or use an immersion blender and puree to a smooth consistency.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. If preferred, substitute salt for Tamari sauce (gluten-free) or Soy Sauce (gluten).
Calories: 99kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 168mg | Potassium: 273mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 9545IU | Vitamin C: 3.6mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 2.5mg