Southwestern Sub Sandwich with Chipotle Mayonnaise
Chipotle mayonnaise is the shining star for flavor in this Southwestern Sub Sandwich recipe. Perfect for a lunch or a light dinner, these Southwestern subs are fresh, healthy, and gluten-free. Packed with lean turkey, fresh vegetables, pepper jack cheese, and a tangy chipotle mayo.
Servings 2 Serves 2
- 1 9-10 inch Baguette (3 inches wide), sliced open lengthwise and in half horizontally
- Chipotle Mayonnaise (homemade or purchased)
- 4 slices Smoked Turkey deli meat
- 2 slices Jalapeno Pepper Jack cheese (pre-sliced or self-sliced)
- 2 leaves fresh Green Lettuce
- 2 ripe fresh Cocktail Tomatoes or 1 small regular Tomato
- 1-2 mini Sweet Peppers , cut into rings (slices from a large sweet pepper may be substituted)
- ¼ fresh Avocado , sliced lengthwise
- Kosher Salt and ground Black Pepper
Spread some of the chipotle mayonnaise on the inside of the baguette (both top and bottom).
Layer the turkey and cheese slices on the bottom.
Followed by the lettuce, tomato, pepper rings and the avocado.
Sprinkle with some kosher salt and pepper.
Calories: 255kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 290mg | Potassium: 546mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1820IU | Vitamin C: 37.2mg | Calcium: 214mg | Iron: 1.3mg