Smoked Turkey Pinwheels with fresh Herb Cream Cheese
Easy Pinwheels are full of fresh herb cream cheese, turkey, spinach and cheese. Perfect for appetizers, a light main dish or a wholesome snack.
Servings 4 2-pinwheel servings (8 pinwheels total)
Fresh Herb Cream Cheese:
- 8 ounces Neufchatel Cheese softened, (cream cheese may be substituted)
- ¼ cup Fresh Basil Leaves chopped
- 2 Scallions - green portion only sliced
- ¼ teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- Kosher Salt to taste
- Freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
Pinwheels (makes 8 pinwheels):
- 1 large (9-inch) Flour Tortilla (regular or gluten-free)
- 1/6-1/4 of the Fresh Herb Cream Cheese recipe
- 3 slices Smoked Turkey (packaged)
- ¼ cup fresh Baby Spinach leaves with stems removed (about 20 leaves)
- 1-2 tablespoons grated Cheddar Cheese
Instructions for Fresh Herb Cream Cheese:
Instructions for Smoked Turkey Spinach Pinwheels:
Cover tortilla with a damp paper towel(s) and microwave for 15 seconds.
Spread ¼ to ⅙ of the fresh herb cream cheese onto one side of the tortilla covering the entire surface.
Place the spinach leaves on herb cream cheese.Note: leaving a ½ inch around the outer edge of the tortilla will keep all ingredients inside the tortilla.
Cover with turkey slices followed by the grated cheese.
Gently roll up the tortilla with the ingredient to make a roll. Using a sharp knife slice the roll into ¾ inch slices or pinwheels. Secure the outer edge with decorative picks or toothpicks.
To make a large batch (32) pinwheels use:
They are best eaten when freshly made. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container with a damp paper towel on top of the pinwheels to prevent the tortillas drying out (especially if using gluten-free flour tortillas). Store in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
- 4 large flour tortillas
- The entire batch of herb cream cheese
- 12 slices of turkey
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup grated cheese
Calories: 193kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 358mg | Potassium: 173mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 865IU | Vitamin C: 1.9mg | Calcium: 108mg | Iron: 0.5mg