Cheesy Sausage Pasta Skillet Recipe with Shallot Cream
This flavorful and satisfying pasta dish has a creamy sauce that is irresistible.
- 1 package Penne Pasta (gluten-free or regular)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 12-ounce package pre-cooked Chicken Apple Sausages , sliced into ½ inch slices
- 2 medium Shallots , peeled and diced
- ½ cup Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc Wine
- ½ cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoon diced fresh Italian Parsley
Following the directions on the pasta package, prepare the pasta. While the water is coming to a boil, begin preparing the sauce below (Step 2).
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil until the surface is shimmering. Add the sausage slices and sauté until begin to brown.
Add the shallots to the skillet and sauté until translucent/golden in color. Pour in the wine and deglaze the pan by scraping the pan bottom with a stiff spatula, releasing any cooked bits from the skillet.
Lower the heat to medium, and allow the mixture to simmer, stirring periodically, until the liquid has reduced to ¼ the original volume.
Add the chicken broth and heavy whipping cream allowing the mixture to return to a simmer.
Drain the pasta and add to the sauce. Stir to fully combine and allow to cook a few minutes, remove from heat and fold in the cheese. Sprinkle with the Italian Parsley as garnish. Serve immediately.
Calories: 509kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 161mg | Potassium: 221mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 730IU | Vitamin C: 1.6mg | Calcium: 140mg | Iron: 1.2mg