Swampy Frog Egg Pudding
Regular tapioca and green tapioca (available at most Asian grocery stores) transform into a declious and eerie pudding perfect for Halloween celebrating.
- 5 cups Water
- 1 teaspoons Vanilla Extract (preferably clear; available at baking supply stores)
- 1/3 cup White Boba Tapioca Pearls (not instant; other colors may be substituted) *
- 1/3 cup regular White Tapioca Pearls
- 1/3 cup regular size Green Tapioca Pearls (if unavailable, white may be used and green food coloring added to the pudding) *
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar (or fine-grain granulated sugar)
In a medium saucepan combine the water and vanilla extract and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the tapioca pearls and stir well to prohibit them from sticking together. Boil over medium heat for 15 minutes. Test a Boba pearl to ensure it is cooked through (no longer hard and it will be chewy). If the tapioca is not fully cooked, cook an additional 5 minutes and test again.
Stir in the sugar and stir until it dissolves 1-2 minutes.
Remove from heat and pour/spoon into individual ramekins. Place on a baking sheet to keep them upright, loosely tent with a piece of foil and place in the refrigerator until set. The color and transparency will change as the pudding solidifies.
Calories: 135kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 10mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 12g | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 0.4mg