Thanksgiving Leftovers Bacon Provolone Pita Pockets
Use up favorite ingredients in a delicious sandwich with pita bread. Gluten-free or gluten pita bread will work. Ingredient quantities can be adjusted based on pita bread size.
- 1 Pita bread (traditional size can be cut in half for 2 sandwiches) I used bFree Foods gluten-free pita bread
- 1 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 2 slices Thanksgiving Turkey
- 1/4 cup Stuffing (if using large bread cube stuffing, chop into a finer consistency)
- 3 tablespoons Cranberry Sauce
- 1 slice Smoked Provolone cheese
- 2 pieces cooked Bacon
- 1 medium-size leaf Green Leaf Lettuce
- Kosher Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
Cut the pita bread in half and gently open it. Spread mayonnaise on the insides of the pocket.
Layer in the turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, cheese, bacon and lettuce; finishing with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Eat immediately.
Calories: 405kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 641mg | Potassium: 104mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 155IU | Vitamin C: 0.9mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 1.3mg