Instant Pot Corned Beef Brisket Recipe
Cooking a corned beef brisket in the Instant Pot yields a supple, flavorful brisket with no effort. The beer tenderizes and flavors the brisket. The vegetables cook in a flash!
Servings 6 (Serves 4-6)
- 2-3 pound Corned Beef Brisket
- 1 medium Yellow Onion peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 Garlic Cloves peeled and chopped
- 1 ½ cups (12 fluid ounces) Dark Ale (I used Green’s Gluten-Free Dubbel Dark Ale; if not gluten-free I suggest Guinness)
- 1 Seasoning Packet that comes with the corned beef
- 2 (1 pound) Potatoes peeled and cubed into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large Carrots peeled and cut into 1 ½-inch lengths
- 6 qt Instant Pot
Cooking the Corned Beef Brisket
Insert the rack into the Instant Pot.
Add the onion and garlic to the 6-quart Instant Pot distributing it evenly on the bottom.
Remove the Corned Beef Brisket from the package, reserve the spice packet and rinse the meat thoroughly.
Place the brisket in the Instant Pot on the lift-out rack (if there is a fattier side put that facing down) and sprinkle the seasonings evenly on top of the brisket and around it in the pot.
Pour in the beer around the edges of the Instant Pot (to keep the spices on the brisket in place).
Add the lid to the Instant Pot, select MANUAL High Pressure (default pressure setting) and 90 minutes.
When done, do a QUICK RELEASE of the pressure, remove the brisket, brush the seasoning from the top of the brisket (more difficult to remove when it has cooled) and allow to rest.
Cooking the Vegetables
Add the potatoes (on the bottom) and carrots (on top of the potatoes) to the Instant Pot.
Seal and select MANUAL for 3 minutes on High Pressure.
When done do a QUICK RELEASE and remove vegetables with a slotted spoon.
Calories: 385kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 1867mg | Potassium: 867mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 4010IU | Vitamin C: 52.1mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 5mg