This classic comfort soup is made even easier by preparing it in a slow cooker. Hours of simmering create a rich depth of flavor in this Slow Cooker Split Pea and Ham Soup recipe with no effort from you!
Slow Cooker Split Pea and Ham Soup Recipe
- 1 medium Yellow Onion , chopped
- 2 stalks medium-large Celery , rinsed and chopped
- 3 large Carrots , scrubbed and chopped
- 1 Ham Bone (or 2 ham hocks)
- 1 pound dried Split Peas
- 8 cups Low Sodium Chicken Stock
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Kosher Salt and Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Optional: 1 cup chopped ham (if there is not meat on the ham bone)
- Add the vegetables to the insert of a 6 quart slow cooker. Add the split peas and place the ham bone on top. Pour in the chicken stock and add the bay leaves. Cook on LOW for 8 hours. Remove any meat from the ham bone and add back to the soup before serving. Salt and pepper to taste. Additional ham may be added if desired.
I want to connect with you! Leave a comment and follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest & Instagram!