If you are a peanut butter fiend like I am then you are always happy for more recipe suggestions! Peanut Butter Lovers Chocolate Chip Mug Cake (gluten-free) is delicious and ready in minutes, really. Peanut Butter Cup S’mores; need I saw more about that?! 30-Minute Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Cookies are a taste of childhood in a new form.
Frozen Chocolate Fluffernutter (Peanut Butter Marshmallow) Pie
- 3 cups gluten-free chocolate cookie crumbs* (2 pkgs of Glutino sandwich cookies)* or regular gluten cookies if not gluten-free
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted (plus about a tablespoon unmelted for greasing the pie pan)
- 35 large marshmallows (about ½ package; read the quantity on a package to be sure)
- 1/2 cup half and half
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- Optional: Additional whipped cream , chopped peanuts and/or chocolate sauce to drizzle
- Butter a deep dish pie pan with butter. Melt 6 tablespoons of butter.
- Add cookie crumbs to a mixing bowl with melted butter and stir to thoroughly coat the crumbs until they appear wet or shiny.
- Pour coated crumbs into prepared pie pan and distribute evenly around the bottom and sides of the pan. Using your fingers or a mixing spoon, press the crumbs into place creating a dense crust. Place in the freezer.
- In a heatproof metal bowl combine the marshmallows, half and half and peanut butter. Place over a pan of boiling water. Stirring often cook until all ingredients have melted and are a smooth consistency. Remove from heat.
- Beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fold/stir the whipped cream into the peanut butter-marshmallow mixture until fully combines and smooth.
- Pour filling into the prepared cookie crust and place back into the freezer until fully set (at least 3 hours).
Recipe Notes*My favorite are Pamela’s Mini Chocolate Cookies to make crumbs however I was unable to find them when making this pie. Instead I used the chocolate cookies from Glutino Sandwich Cookies, taking apart the sandwich cookies and discarding the middles. For this recipe I used 2 packages of the cookies to make the needed amount. To create cookie crumbs: place cookies in a blender or food processor and blend until crumbs.
I want to connect with you! Leave a comment and follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest & Instagram!