Packed with fresh, tasty ingredients this Chinese Chicken Salad recipe has vibrant Asian flavors that make a great main dish salad. My special recipe for creating homemade shredded chicken makes all the difference too!
This main crunchy dish salad is fresh with healthy whole ingredients bursting with flavor. The tangy, slightly spicy dressing is the perfect finishing touch.
- 1/3 cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Tamari (if gluten-free) or regular Soy Sauce (if not gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 teaspoon Chili Oil
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh diced Ginger Root
- 1 large Garlic Clove, diced
- 1 recipe Homemade Moist Shredded Chicken Breast (equivalent of 3 cups shredded chicken)
- 5 cups Shredded Napa Cabbage (I cut across the cabbage and separate the slice into individual strands of cabbage)
- 3 cups Finely Shredded Red Cabbage
- 2 cups Grated Carrots
- ½ cup chopped fresh Cilantro leaves
- 4 large Scallions (green onions), trimmed and sliced (both white and green portions)
- ¼ cup Sesame Seeds (white, black or a mix)
- ¼ cup Sliced Almonds
- Prepared the dressing by combining all the dressing ingredients into a small jar with a lid. Seal, shake vigorously and set aside for the flavors to infuse.
- Prepare the homemade moist shredded chicken breast. While the chicken breasts are cooking, in a large bowl combine the Napa cabbage, red cabbage, carrots, cilantro and green onions; toss to combine, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Allow the freshly shredded chicken to cool slightly and combine with the salad and the sesame seeds; toss.
- Dressing the salad: if you plan to serve the entire salad, add all of the dressing and toss. If you plan to use the salad over multiple meals, dress individual servings of the salad and store the salad and dressing separately to keep the salad crisp. Sprinkle the top of the salad with sliced almonds just before serving to keep them crunchy.
I want to connect with you! Leave a comment and follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest & Instagram!