This fun, fresh infused tequila is a great staple to keep in the refrigerator all summer long.
Note on Tequila type: White and silver tequila are not aged and hence do not have a strong flavor profile making them perfect for this recipe. Additionally 100% agave tequila will include no additives.
- 1 750 ml bottle of white or silver, 100% agave tequila
- 1 small seedless watermelon (yielding about 2 pounds of 1 inch cubed watermelon)
- A sealable jar with will hold the above (I use an 8 cup/4 pint Mason jar with lid)
- 2 ounces watermelon tequila (above)
- 1 ounce frozen limeade
- 2 cubes of the watermelon from the tequila jar (above)
- ¾ ounce Cointreau
- 1 cup crushed ice
- Wash and dry jar. Add watermelon and tequila and seal. Allow to sit at minimum of 2 days, preferably 1 week. Infusion can occur at room temperature or in the refrigerator. Once done keeping it in your refrigerator will have it chilled and ready for use.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until slushy.