This winter salad it bursting with flavors from the fiesty greens, mint complimented by the fruits and citrus dressing. The Tangerine-Balsamic Dressing recipe will most likely provide more than needed for this salad and can be stored sealed in the refrigerator for use on other salads.
- ¾ cup mustard greens, washed and torn
- 1 ½ cup mizuna, washed, torn with lower stems discarded
- ¼ cup mint, washed, leaves only (if using larger leaf mint, tear the leaves; if smaller can use leaves whole)
- ½ red Anjou pear, unpeeled, cored and cut in thin slices lengthwise
- 1/3 cup sliced carrot (preferably heirloom or mixed color varieties)
- Juice of ½ large sweet tangerine plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 ½ tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ large shallot minced
- ¾ teaspoons honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toss greens with carrots. Plate, add dressing and pear slices.
- Add all ingredients to a sealed jar, shake to combine and dress the salad to your liking.