It’s time to Cheers to the New Year! The past year as sped by unbelievably. It seems I was just planning our New Year’s Eve dinner for last year (and a fantastic breakfast to start 2013). The time has come to whip up a fun celebratory drink to toast 2014 (and don’t forget to eat Black-Eyed Peas the first thing in 2014 for good luck!).
I do love the Bubbly. It’s flexible to mix and perfection to drink alone. I did a post earlier this month about all the types of sparkling wines as it can be confusing to keep them all straight. When celebrating on New Year’s Eve the night can grow long and a Champagne Punch can be just the ticket both as a host to stretch things a bit and offer something a bit less expected (though still fizzy and festive), and for a guest to pace oneself!
This year I’m sharing a simple, delicious Cranberry-Orange Champagne Punch. It offers flavors of the season, a beautiful shade of deep pink, all the flavors of the champagne and double-the-bubble as the cranberry juice is also sparkling. Simply garnished with orange slices and floating cranberries this little tipple will keep the party going well after 2014 arrives!
A simple sparkling cocktail to make any occasion festive. Perfect for toasting the New Year! The recipe may be doubled using the same proportions.
- 1 750ml bottle Brut Champagne or Sparkling Wine
- 1 25-ounce bottle Sparkling Cranberry juice (I used R. W. Knudsen brand)
- ¼ cup Citronage or Grand Marnier
- Garnish: 1 orange, sliced, and a handful of fresh cranberries
- Combine the champagne/sparkling wine, cranberry juice and Citronage in a serving vessel. Garnish with orange sliced and cranberries.