Looking for a fresh spin on a winter seasonal cocktail? Gingerbread Brandy Milk Punch is made with winter spice infused vanilla almond milk, brandy and coffee liqueur. It’s vegan and dairy-free too!
I always look forward to the signature flavors of the holiday season. I’ve been making egg nog from scratch since I was in Junior High from the Betty Crocker kids cookbook. My neighbor down the street, Paul, was addicted. He’d come over after school almost daily and begged for us to make egg nog. He also liked to dissect planaria worms on my Ethan Allen yellow Formica topped bedroom furniture to watch them regenerate too but that’s another story.
I found an adult recipe for egg nog in my Great Grandmother’s recipe box which I shared a few years ago. After making it I renamed it ‘Designated Driver Required Egg Nog’. Clearly Grammy and her social set liked to party. Now with Uber it’s a great recipe for a holiday party.
Glogg, a Scandanavian mulled wine, is another seasonal sipper for sitting by a roaring fire. Wassail, which I’m sure you know from the Christmas carol, is fun. I have a recipe that my brother brought home from school in second grade which his teacher marked as ‘ok’. I’m not sure why the recipe card only warranted an ‘ok’. I mean, wouldn’t a holiday recipe be ‘jolly’ or ‘festive’? In any case it’s a festive holiday drink which is not alcoholic though can be spiked for those so interested.
Gingerbread is definitely one of my favorite flavors. Gingerbread Cake with Butter Rum Toffee Sauce is a blow the roof off dessert, packed with flavor. Making gingerbread cookies is a signature holiday tradition. I’m partial to these Gender-Neutral Gluten-Free Gingerbread People Cookies which were developed years ago out of post traumatic stress when learning my mother and her friends drink wine and make gingerbread people with all their correct bits and pieces, if you catch my drift.
Gingerbread Brandy Milk Punch is a spin on traditional brandy milk punch which is often served to celebrate Mardi Gras. This holiday tipple is made with sweetened almond milk which is a perfect partner to the wintery spices infused into it. Being vegan, the cocktail offers entertaining coverage for those preferring a dairy-free option.
Silk Vanilla Almond Milk is heated with fresh ginger, cinnamon sticks, cloves, allspice berries and nutmeg and allowed to sit to infuse the warming flavors. The infused milk is shaken with some brandy and coffee liqueur, poured over ice and garnished with grated nutmeg. It’s refreshing and a tasty sip of the holidays.
Home-infused vanilla almond milk creates a wonderfully spiced base for these Gingerbread Brandy Milk Punch cocktails. Along with brandy and coffee liqueur and you have something unique for entertaining which is also dairy-free and vegan.
The bulk of the total recipe time represents the cooling/infusing time for the spiced milk.
- 4 cups Silk Vanilla Almond Milk
- 2-inch (and 1-inch diameter) piece Ginger Root, thinly sliced
- 3 3-inch Cinnamon Sticks
- 3/4 teaspoon Allspice Berries
- 3/4 teaspoon Whole Cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg (freshly grated if possible, otherwise ground)
- 6 ounces Brandy
- 2 ounces Coffee Liqueur (homemade or purchased)
- Combine the almond milk, ginger, cinnamon sticks, allspice, cloves and nutmeg in a small saucepan. Bring just to a boil and turn off heat. Allow to infuse until the mixture has totally cooled. Note: for even stronger flavor it can be transferred to the refrigerator to infuse for a few hours. Strain before using.
- To make the Gingerbread Brandy Milk Punch: In a cocktail shaker or quart size Mason jar combine 8 ounces of the gingerbread milk, 1 ½ ounces brandy, ½ ounce coffee liqueur with a cup of ice. Shake vigorously and strain into am old fashioned glass filled with ice. Grate nutmeg on top and garnish with a cinnamon stick if desired.
Interested in knowing more about a plant-based diet or Silk’s dairy-free products? SIGN UP for Silk’s newsletter (no hassle and no purchase obligation). You’ll receive an instant discount coupon, will be eligible for monthly giveaways (automatically eligible when signed up) and be notified about the latest news and recipes.