I’m hoping this finds you relaxed having had a wonderful long Memorial Day weekend. It was the first grill out for my family. Despite liking meat I actually don’t eat a lot of it but have to say there is nothing like a freshly grilled burger outdoors.
- 24 Marshmallows
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 3.2 ounce bar Cherry Chocolate bar (or chocolate of your choice)
- 1 ½ Graham Cracker Crumbs (I used gluten free Smoreables by Kinnikinnick to make my own crumbs. It required about 1 package processed through the food processor to fine crumbs.
- 7 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted; plus a bit more unmelted to butter the pie pan
- Lightly grease a 9 inch regular depth (not deep dish) pie pan with butter. Using a mixer (preferably a standing mixer with paddle attachment) combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Form a pie crust in the greased pan using fingers to press into a crust. Place in the freezer to set about 10-15 minutes.
- In a double boiler or in a metal boil over a pan of water, combine the marshmallows and milk. Stirring frequently allow marshmallows to fully melt and set aside.
- Using a free standing mixer and whisk attachment (or hand held mixer) combine the heavy whipping cream, vanilla and if desired food coloring; whip the cream. Fold into the marshmallow mixture. NOTE: the marshmallows and milk may have separated. Don’t worry about that just mix it all together.
- finely grate 2/5’s of the bar, finely chop 2/5’s of the bar. Mix together and fold into pie filling smoothing the top with a spatula.
- Make chocolate curls with the remaining chocolate by pulling a vegetable peeler down the longest edge of the chocolate.
- Garnish the pie with chocolate curls and place into the freezer until frozen.